Okazaki Jikkokubune Boat Ride: The operation will be over.
The Government announced a state of emergency on COVID-19 for Kyoto-pref. Due to this, the 2021 Jikkokubune Boat Ride will close from Monday, April 26, and will be concluded the whole operations for 2021.
Thank you very much for your understanding and cooperation.
Okazaki Jikkokubune Boat RideThe 2021-operation will finish on April 25. Thank you very much.
- Celebrate spring greenery and cherry blossoms
Enjoy a magically lit cherry blossom waterway!
Fri., March 26 - Wed., May.5, 2021
The next operation will be done from late March to early May 2022, and the detail will be informed on this site in February 2022.
|Schedule|| Fri., March 26 - Wed., May 5, 2021|
Hours: 9:30 - 16:30 JST
- Jikkokubune boats depart every 15 minutes.
- According to the situation, the hours may be extended 08:30 through 17:30 JST.
・The schedule was changed due to a cancel of the 'lighting-up event along the canal' by the city of Kyoto.
Sat., March 27 - Thu., April 8, 2021 [Cherry Blossom Season]
Hours: 8:30 - 20:00 JST
- Jikkokubune boats depart every 15 minutes.
- They depart every 30-60 minutes at the off-period.
- This schedule may continue after April 8, depending on the status of cherry blossoms.
- All-day service will susupend on Mondays of 12, 19 or 26 in April.
Tue., April 13 - Wed., May 5, 2021
Hours: 9:30 - 16:30 JST
- Jikkokubune boats depart every 30-60 minutes.
- According to the situation, the hours may be extended until 17:30 JST.
- All-day service will susupend on Mondays of 19 or 26 in April.
|Route||Jikkokubune boats depart from the Nanzenji boat pier and return via Ebisugawa Dam to the pier.|
|Cruise Time||Approximately 25 minutes, which is a 3-kilometer round trip cruise.|
|Fares||Adults (ages 12 years or older): 1,200 JPY|
Children (ages 6 to 11): 600 JPY
Children (ages 3 to 5): 300 JPY
Adding to the above, 110 JPY per a ticket as Web-reservation Commission
|Access to Boat Pier|
From Sanjo Station on the Keihan RailwayChange to the subway line and get off at Keage Station. The boat pier is a 7-minute walk from the station.
From Kyoto Station on the JR/Kintetsu RailwaysTake the Karasuma Line subway, change to the Tozai Line subway at Karasuma Oike Station. Get off at Keage Station. From Keage Station, the boat pier is a 7-minute walk.
From Karasuma Station on the Hankyu RailwayTake the Karasuma Line subway and change to the Tozai Line subway at Karasuma Oike Station. Get off at Keage Station. From Keage Station, the boat pier is a 7-minute walk.
From JR Yamashina StationTake the Tozai Line subway and get off at Keage Station. From Keage Station, the boat pier is a 7-minute walk.
By bus from JR Kyoto StationTake the Kyoto city bus, Route #5 or #100 to Okazaki-Koen Bijutsukan/Heian Jingu-Mae. The boat pier is a 10-minute walk from the Okazaki-Koen Bijutsukan/Heian Jingu-Mae.
|How to Reserve|
- For the convenience of passengers from a distance, all seats allocated for Web reservations will be sold from 10:00 am JST, Mon., March 1, 2021. It costs an extra 110 JPY for a ticket through the Web reservations.
- You can purchase up to 8 seats per order with a major credit card (VISA and MasterCard).Please note that online reservations are unchangeable and non-refundable for any reason whatsoever.
(However, if a boat trip is canceled for weather conditions, mechanical problems or other reason, your fare will be fully refunded.)
- Online reservations are available until noon of the day before the departure date. If the tickets are sold out, please purchase today's ticket(s) at the boat pier.
- You need to receive a boat ticket(s) in exchange for your printed confirmation email no later than 15 minutes before departure time at the boat pier.
If you are unable to print the email with the voucher, you need to show your mobile phone displaying the email. Late arrival means you cannot go on board.
- Terms and Conditions can be confirmed in the reservation process.
- Web reservation process
- Click on the 'Book Now' button shown above.
- Select a date, a departure time, and the number of tickets you would like to purchase.
- Read the 'Terms and Conditions' and click on the 'I agree' button.
- Provide your information such as name and email address, and click on the 'Continue' button to review your reservation details including the total cost.
- Proceed to make a credit card payment and enter the necessary information.
- Click the 'Complete Your Reservation' button to finish your booking.
- After successfully completing your reservation, a 'Thank you' message appears and a confirmation is sent to your email address.
(Tickets at the door)
- Today's tickets are sold at the boat pier. During peak season, a passenger may purchase up to the maximum of 5 tickets.
- All today's tickets are sold at one time from 9:00. During peak season tickets are sold from 8:00, but tickets may be sold out by noon.
- After purchasing today's ticket(s), you may leave the boat pier, but please make sure you come back at least 10 minutes before the departure time so as not to miss your boat. No refund is made for late arrival or no-shows.
- During cherry blossom season, reservations are strongly recommended because boats fill up earlier and tickets are often sold out.
- Please remember that depending on the time you may not be able to see cherry blossoms.
- Jikkokubune boat ride may be canceled for reasons beyond our control, such as weather conditions or mechanical problems.
- Tickets may be sold in advance for groups or school excursions from outside Kyoto.
- An infant (2 years old or under) sitting on the lap of the accompanying adult is free, and each ticketed adult is allowed one lap infant free of charge. If the infant occupies a seat, a fare (300 yen) is necessary.
- Passengers must wear a life jacket while on the boat.
- Passengers are prohibited from smoking, eating or drinking alcohol at the boat terminal and on the boats.
- We recommend that, as much as possible, you use public transportation when traveling to Kyoto. We have no parkings for cars or bicycles around the pier.
|Conducted by:||Planned by:||Inquiries|
- Planning Committee of Jikkokubune Boat Ride
- MICE Promotion Section of Kyoto City
- Kyoto Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Kyoto City Tourism Association
- Kyoto Tourist Industry Co-op
- 'KYOTO-SAIHAKKEN' (Re-discover Kyoto)
|Kyoto Tourist Industry Co-op|
Travel Agency registered with Kyoto Prefecture Governor No. 2-290
Kazuko Tsuji, Certified Domestic Travel Service Supervisor
4th Floor 413, Kyoto-Keizai Center
78 Konkoboko-cho, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto, JAPAN
|If you have questions about the Jikkokubune boat ride, please read the Q&A.|
If you need more help, please contact us by email. Please do not call us because we have no English-speaking staff, and we cannot reply to you in English if you call.
Kyoto Tourist Industry Co-op
Office hours: 9:00 - 17:00 JST
(Closed on Saturdays, Sundays and national holidays)
Boat pier (Boat season[Mar. 26 - May 5] only)